Sat, Nov 04|
CB Adventure Supply
Dynamic First Aid Course
Join this Calvary Overland community event presented by Lone Star Medics and hosted by CB Adventure. Participants will guided lead through education, case studies and practicals to deepen the well of medical knowledge.
Time & Location
Nov 04, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
CB Adventure Supply, 13043 Harmon Rd suite 707, Fort Worth, TX 76177, USA
About the event
This Lone Star Medic basic field medicine course is designed for individuals with little to no formal medical training. The subjects listed below are just some of the subjects that will covered in this course. Lone Star Medics’ courses are taught using plenty of hands-on skills practice, a few scenario-based training sessions, and minimal lectures.
Subjects covered in class:
- Medical Contingencies & Pre-Mission Planning
- Scene Safety
- Patient Assessment
- Identify and treat penetrating & blunt traumatic injuries
- How to properly utilize tourniquets, pressure dressings, hemostatic agents, etc.
- Identify and treat for shock
- Identify and treat for general medical emergencies (Stroke, Diabetic emergencies Seizures)
- Identify and treat thermal burns
- Wound Management
- Irrigation techniques
- Wound closure techniques
- Infection control
- IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) equipment and selection
- Environmental emergencies